Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jetsetting Gals

Last week marked another "first" for Elsa. Mama packed up the bags (and unpacked and repacked about four times for fear that something was being left behind), packed up the baby and handed Dada the keys to transport his two girls to the Sacramento Metropolitan Airport. There, we met Aunt Nic Nic and us three ladies flew to Southern California to celebrate the upcoming arrival of another sweet baby girl.

I have never had problems with flying but the entire week leading up to the trip was full of anxiety. What if I forgot something like diapers or bottles at home? What if Elsa screamed the whole flight, causing hundreds of strangers to forever hate us? What if we hit a pocket of air and I dropped Elsa causing her to be injured (again).

Thankfully, all of those worries were unnecessary. Miss Elsa was a little angel during the two flights!





Mama, don't worry. I have this covered!
However, Mama also got the pleasure of a "first" at the airport. When going through security for the flight home, something that looked unusual came up on the scan of Miss Elsa's diaper bag. This caused the TSA agent to swab the bag for potential bomb ingredients. The test came back positive!!! So I got the pleasure of having a FULL pat down.

And all of the contents in the diaper bag (including my poor pump) got (wo)manhandled by what I am guessing was latex gloves. You better believe that everything was dumped in the washing machine the instant we got home!

My camera was in the diaper bag, so pictures could not be taken of that leg of the trip (oh shucks!). But if you want all of the gory details, I'm sure that Aunt Nic Nic would be more than happy to share.

2 comments:

  1. What was it that ended up causing the reaction??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bomb making supplies, of course ;-)

    All kidding aside, I asked the lady who did my pat down so I could save myself from that ordeal in the future. She said that there are many household items that could cause a false positive.

    I think the main thing is packing your carry-ons really well so that they don't look suspicious during the screening. I think my pump is what looked odd to them. When we flew into Burbank, I had put them pump in my checked bag but when we flew out of Burbank it was in the diaper bag.

    ReplyDelete