Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go...

In case you didn't notice (and I'm sure none of you have!), I just updated my "About Me" section. As you'll see, it states that I'm now a part-time marketer in addition to being a full-time mama. That's right, we've made the difficult decision for me to return back to work.

This is a decision that Carl and I talked about pretty extensively, and while I'm more than a tad bit sad to miss out on some of Elsa's adventures, I know that this is ultimately the best decision for our family. It will give us the opportunity to build our savings so Elsa can go to the college of her dreams (hopefully one that's close to Mama and Dada!), and if so inclined, eventually have the wedding of her dreams (that's if Carl doesn't scare away all of her suitors). Plus, if I'm going to be honest, it will be nice to have some conversations that don't consist of the following words: peepee, poopy, lovey, oopsie, pat-a-cake, no!, and puppy dog (rinse and repeat and you pretty much have my daily speech pattern).

The good thing is that my employer is being flexible, allowing me to work just 20 hours a week - two full days in the office and a half day from home. This leaves me plenty of time for snuggles, hugs and Elsa adventures. And, I know deep down in my heart, that no matter how many hours a mama has to work, she will always be a full-time mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm employed for the equivalent of 0.75 FTE right now (though am out of the house for about 0.6 FTE) and I've found that both staying at home and working are great. I can still feel like a professional (and an adult), but I still have a lot of waking hours with my munchkin to take care of her. Best wishes as you go back!

    ReplyDelete