Saturday, October 6, 2012

20 Months!

A little late posting this... again!

Several weeks ago, Miss Elsa hit the 20 month mark - just 4 months to go and she'll be 2 years old. I seriously cannot believe how fast time flies when you have a little toddler afoot.

This past month we've been doing some reading on toddler discipline. Miss Elsa is doing her job of testing boundaries and we want to make sure that we guide her correctly. I've found that LOTS of outdoor playtime and intentional one-on-one attention goes a long way in reducing naughty behavior. She is also grasping the concept of "counting to three", so we've been doing that as well. Of course, there have been plenty of time outs, and I'm not entirely convinced that she views those as punishment.

Despite her naughty moments, Elsa continues to be a pretty easy going kid. She's full of fun and giggles and moments that make Carl and I chuckle. Especially as she continues to get a firm grasp on her communication skills! She's been accruing some new words and phrases; the most recent ones being "all done", "Elmo" and "tooty". I'll let you guess what "tooty" means...let's just say that I pity the person who accidentally passes gas in public when Elsa is around - she is totally going to tattle on you and make sure everyone knows what you just did!

Here's the Little Miss on her 20 month birthday, smiling pretty for the camera and then hamming it up!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Miss Elsa to date!

She kept insisting on closing her eyes...

Elsa's favorite pose! She kept scrunching her eyes close and opening her mouth. After each picture was taken, she'd run over to look at it on the camera and was super pleased with the outcome, lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment