Monday, August 20, 2012

Grown Up Playroom



Our family room has been making me depressed lately. The furniture was mismatched, old and tired. Elsa's toys had taken over the space. And there are never enough seats for our guests.

So, Carl and I sat down to figure out what we could do to give the space (and me) a bit of a pick-me-up. And I am soooo happy that we did!

I think after you take a look at the following pictures, you'll see why.

The ugly before (and yes, I purposely didn't pick up Elsa's mess before taking these pictures):

Toys, toys everywhere! And if you look closely, you'll see the sagging tv stand.

Pay close attention to the permanently squashed down cushions.

And here is the after:

What we love most about this couch is that it's modular - you can rearrange it however you want. So, when we have people over to watch a movie, we'll be able to rearrange it so it's a longer couch and use the middle piece as a separate chair.

Perhaps my favorite part of the room, was also the lease expensive. We purchased a table and chair set from Ikea and painted the top with chalkboard paint; now it's an awesome spot for Elsa to color (and also works great for snack time).

We love the new, sturdy tv stand and Carl was finally motivated to mount our TV!

As mentioned in the pictures, I absolutely love Elsa's new table and chair set!! Elsa does, too. In fact, she even volunteered to supervise the construction of the set.




3 comments:

  1. Great Job!! Love it!! Especially the table! Great idea!!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! And clearly someone has supervising as a potential career choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa is VERY good at supervising (and pointing out when we're doing something wrong).

    I got the idea of the table from Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete