Monday, March 5, 2012

Playing the Packing Game

What is it about babies (toddlers? ...I haven't decided what to call Elsa these days...) that makes packing for trips so darn complicated?

We're getting ready for our next Oregon road trip and I've been making mental packing lists for the last four weeks. I get incredibly paranoid that I'm going to leave something important behind... like diapers.

I'm fully aware that Oregon has these neat things called supermarkets and shopping malls but I can't imagine anything worse than breaking down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere only to find that I left the diapers and wipes on the kitchen counter at home.

So here it is... Elsa's mega packing list. Please, please, please tell me if I am missing something!
  • Clothing (tops, pants, socks, sweaters)
  • Shoes
  • Bibs
  • Suction plates
  • Sippy cups
  • Food pouches
  • Bumbo
  • Vitamins
  • Medicine
  • Blanket
  • Lovey
  • Pacifier
  • Comb
  • Hair elastics and bow clips
  • Nail clippers
  • Bulb syringe 
  • Toothbrush
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Toys
  • Books
  • Pack n Play*
  • Stroller**
* Carl thinks we should leave the Pack n Play at home and bring an air mattress instead; I think this would cause major disaster at nap time 
 **Debating whether umbrella stroller will suffice or if we should bring the full sized one... choices, choices!

6 comments:

  1. Does she need any hats or jackets?

    I'm thinking about our upcoming trip, too, and I think we'll just go with the umbrella stroller since we probably won't do major jogging/walking. Maybe that would save you some space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding hats to the list :-)

      We actually dont have a jacket or coat for Elsa.

      Delete
  2. I have a pack and play if you want to use it when you're here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind Elsa "breaking it in", then that would be awesome!

      Delete
  3. If you want to try the air mattress, try it at home first. And the umbrella stroller will be fine I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a wise mommy! If I remember, I will be breaking out the air mattress for nap time tomorrow. :-)

      Delete