I continued to be surprised by the simple things that now excited me due to mommy-hood. Case in point, I never thought I would be so excited by the lack of eye goo!
Elsa was born with clogged eye ducts, something that is fairly common for babies. We were told that her eyes would eventually clear themselves but after four months of daily eye gunk, and the goopiness getting worse instead of better (The poor little miss was waking up with her eyes glued shut! And my mom made a joke the other day about buying stock in whatever brand of cotton balls we were purchasing... that's an indicator of how bad it was), the pediatrician's office provided us with a prescription for eye ointment.
While lots of fuss has been made (I can't blame her, I definitely wouldn't want my dad holding my head while my mom came at my eyes with a cotton swab), we are seeing the results. We haven't had to clean Elsa's eyes for two full days and you can now see that she has beautiful, full eyelashes! With only three more ointment applications left, I'm incredibly excited to stop having to mess with Miss Elsa's eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment