When I first found out I was pregnant, I ventured online to get as much information as possible on pregnancy. I wanted to be informed and do everything I could to help the baby thrive. While combing through sites, I ran across TheBump.com. Full of quick articles, fun tools and baby names, it quickly became my go-to resource.
TheBump also has a forum section where other ladies - from trying to conceive to seasoned moms - can ask each other questions and give tips (and talk about totally non-related items, like celebrity gossip and vacation spots). I found the January 2011 Mom board and started participating. In doing so, I found that online moms have a language of their own - LO, DD, DS, DH, BFP, POAS... etc. (For those of you who are curious, those are: little one (baby), darling daughter, darling son, darling husband, big fat positive (positive pregnancy test), and pee on a stick (take a pregnancy test)). There were so many confusing accronyms that TheBump has an entire page dedicated to them - I dare you to check it out.
These (and many more) acronyms are second nature to me now but as Elsa quickly grows I'm finding there are even more for me to learn and rejoice over! In fact, the whole reason why I decided to write about this "alphabet soup" is because we have recently come across a new one in our house - STTN - the best possible acronym for a new mom and dad.
So what does this one mean?
Sleep. Through. The. Night.
And now for a moment of silence where moms across America can sigh with relief..... Ahhhhhh!
Yes, Miss Elsa's appetite is now reliable enough for us to let her (and me!!) sleep for a solid chunk of time at night. Both of us were more than ready for it!
Kind of sounds like the wedding world... I learned lots of new acronym while planning that as well. My LEAST favorite? STD... (save the date)... could never bring myself to actually use it. lol
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that STD is a less than savory acronym to use in connection to wedding planning!
ReplyDelete