Monday, February 14, 2011

Elsa's First Flight

This past week I learned a very important lesson - unplug your laptop when it's not in use.

I was doing some multitasking - holding the fussy little miss and playing on my computer on the couch. When Elsa finally calmed down and fell asleep, I decided to put her down in her bassinet for a nap. So, I shut down the laptop, set it on the coffee table and got up to make the short trek (5 steps) to her bassinet.

Instead of walking the short distance, I ended up tripping and flying half way across the room. My foot had gotten caught on the laptop! Thankfully, my maternal instinct kicked in and I made sure I had a firm grasp on my little one. Once we "landed", she woke up for literally a couple of seconds, cried for a nanosecond and was back asleep.

Mama and Elsa were lucky in that neither of us were physically hurt (emotionally, I was quite shaken up and convinced I was going to get Worst Mom of the Year award). And Carl and I have now decided not to sit on any furniture that has cords near it while holding a baby.

Hopefully Elsa's next flight will involve an actual airplane!

No comments:

Post a Comment